View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #6
dcdrechsel

Unfortunately I do not have pictures .There are three bushings per control arm -2 for the cylindrical section (bolts to frame) and one for the center attachment .I only needed the cylindrical pair .Cost is $ 75.00 for the cylindrical pair and $ 90.00 for the center attachment .
Bentley does a good job of describing the removal and installation of the control arms which isn't too difficult .
With the arms removed you have to remove the old rubber bushing and the metal shell that is pressed into the arm .The rubber part comes out with vice grips .The metal shell needs to carefully split with an hacksaw and then driven out .I used a wood dowel rod as a puch .Not sure you have to be that delicate .
Pressing the new bushings in ......I used a 1/2 " threaded rod and 4 hardwood blocks .Two of the blocks were drilled out with a hole saw to fit over the rubber bushing and mate with the metal shell .(This sure would be easier with a picture ....next time ).The other two blocks are just drilled for the 1/2 metal rod and complete the press sandwich .Two flat washers and nuts and just start tightening .
Hope this helps ............
dcdrechsel is offline   Reply With Quote