View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #14
JAAY

Thanks for the update about the updated mount.

I had no real method to my madness on the breakdown of this all. So next I started swapping some things from Todd's write up. Here are some photos of some parts that were swapped, and all need new gaskets. 2.5 photos first then the 3.4 photos.

So those two water outlets have to be swapped along with these also.

Here are two more parts that have to be swapped. The first on is the cap that is on the water pipe on the 2.5 motor and then other is the water outlet from the 3.4 These also need new gaskets.

Next I looked at the Oil Pressure Gauge sensor. If you want to keep it all in stock location you have to do some moving and plugging. I did not get to do this yet but I took some shots of what you have to work with. The sensor sits on the opposite side of the motor on the 3.4 than the 2.5 You could use the 3.4 sensor, I am just going to use the 2.5 sensor. If there is any question which is which the 3.4 sensor is the larger gold vdo sensor.

I took a photo of the plug to fill where the old sensor was. These plugs are on both motors just on the opposite sides.

Next I took off the intake manifolds. There is no real magic to this, just becarefull of the different vacuum lines not to break them. After I took them off I removed the oil filler tube from the 3.4 and removed the oil dipstick tube from the 3.4 I did not replace them yet with the 2.5 fittings. I have not taken the other motor apart yet to this point. I don't know if you have to do this but I pulled the alternator pulley and bolt to move it over a tiny bit to get to one of the 10mm bolts holing in the oil filler tube. The oil filler tube and dipstick need new grommets too.

Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote