View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 PM   #12
JAAY

So the project really begins...

Boxster 2.5 on the left Carrera 3.4 on the right

First off let me say these motors are heavy. 450lbs to be exact.

Below is the photo of the front motor mount mounting hole that is talked about in todd's swap. For some reason or another I do not have that on my boxster or the 3.4 motor. I am just pointing it out to show you. This is a photo of the 2.5 motor. The front motor mount is only bolted up with three 15mm bolts.

The 3.4 has the same three bolt locations so there there was no reason for me to concern myself with the extra bolt location. The photo below shows the stock 3.4 mount.

So I removed both mounts the 3.4 and the 2.5. The big difference is that the 3.4 is mounted with studs and the 2.5 is mounted with bolts. These need to be swapped. I just used a vice grip and spun out the studs on the 3.4 and used the 2.5 bolts. They were a perfect fit. The reason for this is the 2.5 mount is thicker than the 3.4 metal. Photo below to show what I mean.

To be continued in a few minutes... Dinner time..
Ebay Headers, Fabspeed high flow cats, JIC Cross, IPD Plenum, H&R Coilovers, B&M Short Shifter, AEM Uego Gauge Type Analog, Apexi S-AFC Select, 987 air box, Litronics, 2000 Tails and side markers, painted center console, 18" 987 S-Wheels, GT3 Front bumper with splitter.
JAAY is offline   Reply With Quote