View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 01:13 PM   #5
RandallNeighbour

I rarely race anyone unless I'm in my 550i, and then I can't wait to show them all 360 horses at my disposal. Mostly it's at a light when I'm in the far left lane and they want to overtake me to get on the freeway from the center or far right lane... common in Houston. I don't care what they're driving if they try this when I'm in the Bimmer... well, within reason anyway. I rarely see anyone driving a car that is faster than 5 seconds zero to sixty in my "economically challenged" part of town.

In the Boxster I smile and wave as they pass me. I'm not screwing up my tranny or burning out my clutch for some idiot-stranger.

Nick is right... I met a guy at the last DE who brought his Viper with him instead of his 944 and he was sweating to the oldies in that car and it was FREEZING outside. Temps never got above 40 degrees that day and he jumped out of that car as fast as he could after each session. It's like a sauna in there if you push the car at all.

It's best to own one car that smokes off the line and one that smokes others on the twisties if you have the cash and garage space. I'm fortunate enough to have both right now.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote