View Single Post
Old 02-03-2009, 08:03 AM   #1
TimAustinW

Send a message via Yahoo to TimAustinW
Will a Boxster S Muffler fit on a Standard Boxster?

I've been having rattling issues with my exhaust on my 2002 986 2.7 for a while now. I recently installed the Maxspeed Sport Headers with the high flow cats and secondary bypass pipes. But the rattle is still there so it's got to be in the muffler. I don't want my car to be too loud and I like the sound of it now (aside from the rattle) So I want to stick with OEM exhaust.

I just bought a muffler in perfect condition with only 7K miles on it from a 2002 Boxster S and got it for $20 +shipping. But now that I'm looking at the pictures of it compared to my muffler it appears that the mounting brackets are different between the standard and the S. Why is that?

Actually, I'm not sure if it differs or not at this point until I take my own muffler off. I've looked on Ebay at varying years, S and Base and not sure if the mounting style is different based on year or based on S vs Base. anyone know the detail on the mounting variations on the muffler? Has anyone here ever converted one over to fit? Is it even possible? Or am I SOL and will have to resell this thing on Ebay?

Thanks,

Tim
02 Seal Grey, NHP Headers w/ Highflow Cats/2ndary Bypass Pipes, smoked side markers/3rd brake light, exterior match interior trim, 986 Lloyds Mats, 986 deck lid emblem, arctic silver intake grills, ipod link, painted calipers, Glass Window Robbins Top with defroster kit, Bose Sound System, Leather lower door panels, Console Lid w embroidered crest; Stainless door sills; Painted Bumperettes; Custom Hood Crest
TimAustinW is offline   Reply With Quote