Thread: plastic window
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 08:54 AM   #3
Perfectlap

Jfmillr, nice car. I'll be adding that front bumper at some point. My GT3 side sideskirts and Carrera 5 spokes are on the way.
Have you looked into getting the black urethane lip for it?

as for the plastic window,

this is my second car with a clear plastic window and I have tried just about every product available. After much experimenting here's what I recommend.

two products:

Renovo plastic window polish for getting out scratches. Its applied with a foam pad and polished off with an old t-shirt. If you have allot scratching,crease marks, etc. use an orbital polisher with a foam pad. The results with buffer are amazing and fast. If you don't have Porter Cable 7424 polisher try going to your local car wash/detail shop and give them the Renovo and maybe they'll buff your window for you. Low speed setting with light pressure.

Once you have removed the scratches with Renovo. Keep it clear with Plexus.
I use this once a week on the window and windstop. It also works really well on the headlights, tailights and my helmets. Also use the Plexus with an old t-shirt.
Plexus is the best product availble even if it smells funny.

I don't recommend using cotton terry cloth or microfiber with either of these products on clear plastic. If you don't want to use or can't find a t-shirt, Try using materials with tufted loop ends like Sonus waffle weave towels. Avoild anything with a spilt end, over time it will scratch.

Also avoid getting any soap or detergent on the top when washing the window or the car itself. I don't recommend detergents on the clear platic either, some are very powerful and can strip the laminate coating from the plastic. Just use a wet towel in a swiping motion left to right, flip the towel with each pass. The Plexus will remove any stain or debris.

Try autogeek.net for both products.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 04-18-2005 at 09:05 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote