View Single Post
Old 04-18-2005, 08:05 AM   #9
donv

Tire fixed - great experience!

Just to close the loop on this, I ended up waiting until last week to have the puncture fixed (the tire was holding air, made it through storage OK). I ended up giving Auto Sport Engineering in Stowe a call and arranged to have the repair done there, as I'd used them for a prior brake system bleed and DE inspection and liked their work.

They had me come in at 8, I was out the door by 8:30 and they charged me nothing. Tire and wheel are both in great shape now, Dave did a great job.

For those of you in the area, they have been publicizing a free oil change for first time customers in the Noreaster (PCA newsletter) and I heartily recommend taking them up on it.

While I was there I got into a conversation about a stack of Recaro seats they had in boxes in the waiting area (special deal to be announced soon on their website) and about my complaint re: the standard Boxster seats not having lumbar adjustment. Well, to my surprize, they brought out an aftermarket add-on that should slip behind the seat pad and provide that feature. It is an air bladder system with a bulb, like when you get blood pressure taken, for the inflation of the bladders.

They are going to fiddle with a Boxster seat and confirm if it can be installed. If so, I'm going for it.