View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
Lil bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxonalden
Bosch, aftermarket? Beru isn't made by Porsche so that would make them aftermarket also. The Bosch plugs suggested aren't Platinum or Iridium, like that would even matter. You won't go wrong Bosch (~$50) or Beru (~$90)...just about a $40 difference in price for six spark plugs.
I don't think you totally understood my reply.

The Plugs Bosch #FR7LDC4, FG6LDC, and Beru 14FR6LDU, 14FR7KQU are all OEM plugs used by Porsche interchangeably (depending on your engine displacement).

These plugs were selected and then the heads tapped so that when properly torqued (22Ft.Lbs. new, 18.5 Ft. Lbs. used), they are inset optimally in the heads(depth) and their spark is properly aligned with the desired flamefront travel. Also, their respective heat ranges are close or matched too.

I suspect that none of these are better than any of the others spec'd, so if you can save on one over the other, so much the better.

But, there have been reported issues when using other plugs than these spec'd. Specifically, some of the other Bosche Platinums have been reported to have broken electrodes inside the motor which have caused some cylinder/piston scarring.
1999 Porsche Boxster
(gone, but not forgotten)
http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/a...smiley-003.gif

Never drive faster than your Guardian Angel can fly!
Lil bastard is offline   Reply With Quote