View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 09:38 AM   #7
Brucelee

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotoole
Brucelee

Been around a long time, must confess, I've never had the pleasure of meeting your neighbor or hearing of his Boxster's engine failure "sitting at a traffic light." I may have been in S.E. Asia at the time.

Did not state that you on the forum "are on the take." You reported your first hand observations and I take your word for it. But those are anecdotal.

"Facts" are what we need. I supplied some objective facts.

Your integrity for sale? Sorry, Brucelee. No bidders here.

IMO, there likely no way any "objective" facts will every be gathered regarding this particular issue. As you know, CR data is gathered from folks who voluntarialy answer a survey. This methdod will always create a bias, as any researcher knows. One bias is simply the folks who tend to read CR may or may not be typical of the average Boxster owner. We don't know.

Having said all that, I would love to see real data, which as far as I can tell, could only really be gathered by Porsche. Even that would be limited, but better than any other data base I can think of.

Alas, I don't see this happening. As I said earlier and many times, if the prospect of a grenaded engine is upsetting to folks, I don't see many options: Don't buy the car, buy a warranty, self-insure, bite your nails????

Such is life; you play the game and you take your chances!

Brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote