View Single Post
Old 01-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #20
icedude

Great looking car Boxtaboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
Just so you know, they don't make the F1 GS D3s in our sizes anymore. I'm pretty bummed about this actually because my set is pretty new. Problem is, if I need to source another tire due to an unrepairable flat, there are none to be found.

@Icedude: I have an 01 too, and the only problems I've had were a cracked coolant tank, a peeling radio knob, and most recently at 58k miles, had to replace a worn engine mount which caused some drivetrain vibration due to the engine shifting a bit on hard cornering.

I still love the car, and bet you will too. I say go for it!
Ok, I gotta ask you, where do I get those wheels? That is one hot set of tires you have on there. I am planning on replacing the rims when I put new tires on it which when I buy it will be about 10k miles later. Are they Porsche rims and if so, where would you recommend I get them and also what is a good tire reasonably priced? I'm not going to drive it crazy so I figure to go easy on tires but I don't need track hugging Z rated type tires. I'm not saying I want cheapies and replace them twice as frequently but I don't feel I need the big daddys. Also, how much would it cost me to put a new exhaust like yours on? I don't want it too loud or unnatural. Again, great looking car Boxtaboy.

Paul
icedude is offline   Reply With Quote