View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #48
Bry

When did you decide you wanted one?
Somewhere between "always" and "a few minutes before I test drove it." Seriously, my dad has always been a classic VW guy so the old air cooled Porsches are familiar, but just aren't my thing. I've always loved the cars, but never really entertained owning one. Then I test drove my Boxster - while at a dealership shopping for someone else - and decided "This will make a spectacularly fun daily driver!"

How long did it take to finally purchase it?
2 days. I never buy anything "big" on impulse... but right after the test drive I told the salesman I'd sleep on it... and that I'd be back the next day with a check for x dollars (a number I felt was low, but fair to both parties), and a half hour time limit. I walked out of the showroom the next day 40 minutes after I walked in, and drove my Porsche home. That was the easiest car purchase I've ever made from a dealer - I almost didn't have to speak at all!

How old where you then, and now?
24 for the seventh year running. I've been 24 for 8 years now!

Is there anything you would have done differently?
Go for the S. I didn't care at all at the time of purchase, and don't feel the need to trade up for one, but I'd go right for the S if I knew then...

Quick word of advice for a young person trying to save for one?
Invest wisely. Spend smartly. Remember that every frivolous purchase is detraction from a wonderful one.

Last edited by Bry; 01-28-2009 at 07:57 PM.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote