View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 02:05 PM   #44
SeanZ4

Garage
Started looking at them 2+ years ago. Talked myself out of it several times. I was scared of the ims issue etc. I researched quite a bit more on this forum and others and determined that a very small percentage of Boxsters actually have this problem, so I pulled the trigger on one a few weeks ago on my 43rd birthday (just a coincidence). I've always loved sports cars. Probably dating back to the late 70's. My first car was a 70 MGB (Money Gone Bad)..then a 79 TR5, Then 3 different Mercedes, 2 3 series BMWs, 3 Z3s, 1 Z4 and now the Boxster. All have been a 2nd or third car with the exception of the MG. I've also owned many VWs. The rarest one being my '74 "Thing"...

I paid cash for my '00 Boxster S with approx. 38k on the clock. I'm not wealthy, but I have incredible saving habits. Both my other vehicles are paid for and they're both less than 2-3 years old. So my best advice is get something that you afford to own as much as you can simply afford to buy.

And btw 1989, I advised you to go with a 3 series a couple of weeks ago just for the maint. issues and your age etc.... what do you think??

sean
SeanZ4 is offline   Reply With Quote