View Single Post
Old 01-28-2009, 10:02 AM   #2
Kirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhamr
I'm taking my car in for it's first alignment at the end of the week and I was wondering what is the most aggressive alignment specs I can ask the shop to target on my stock 'S' suspension?

Thanks for any responses.

The alignment you need/want is totally dependent on how you plan on using the car. I think you need to clarify that a bit. By aggressive do you mean you'll use it for autocross and track work or do you just want an aggressive street setup. Do you care about tire wear?

If you don't care about tire wear and want the most aggressive setup (overkill for the street), then I would give the shop these simple directions:

Maximum camber in the front while still maintaining zero toe.

Maximum camber in the back with slight toe in (I think it's about 1/16" total toe in that's recommended).

The shop should be able to get about -1.5 degrees camber in the front and -2.0 degrees in the rear with a stock suspension. This will increase tire wear on the inside of the tire (uneven wear), but will give you the best handling response.

Kirk
1975 911S Targa - undergoing a full restoration and engine rebuild
Also In The Garage - '66 912, '69 912, '72 914 Chalon wide body, '73 914
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote