Thread: Key Fob Battery
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #5
jrkauffman28

Dissasembled the FOB, removed and installed a new CR2032 Lithium battery, and reassembled. LED on FOB blinks brightly. Car doors open. car starts and runs great, but neither of the key FOB buttons do anything but blink red.

Tried suggestion of putting key into ignition and turning it to run (but not start postion), and hit the lock button of the FOB within 6 seconds. No Joy. Looked at owners manual and did not see anything other than insturctions on how to physically replace the battery.

I learned that if you open the door with your key and hold it in the open position, it lowers both windows. If you hold the key in the lock position, it raises both windows. I've only owned the car for 8 years and now I find this feature.??? Go figure

I saw a small 1/2 inch green tube inside of the key FOB when I replaced the new batterry with the second new battery in the package (you never know). At this time. I also pulled up the three metal prongs on the bottom of the FOB that make contact with the negative side of the battery. At this time I removed the small green glass tube and reinstalled it. (What the hell is this thing anyway).

I remember walking up to the car from the rear and unlocking the car using the key FOB. When I did this, a red light on the dash would flash. Even though the key FOB is flashing like crazy, no lights flash on the dash. Anyone have a clue????

Jim
jrkauffman28 is offline   Reply With Quote