View Single Post
Old 01-27-2009, 09:50 AM   #9
23109VC

it looks good!! if you like it, and it has a clean bill of health / PPI - there's not much more you can do to protect yourself and make sure you get a good one.

it looks very clean from the photos.

I have a 2.7 and it's plenty fun. I would have probably liked to get the 3.2, but like you, I was on a budget, and my dad put his up for sale, and made me a deal of a lifetime. I got his heavily optioned 2000 (M030, full leather, 18s, hi fi, headrest speakers, heated seats) for $13k. his had 73k miles...but it was dealer maintained, all records, passed PPI..and so far, several months into ownership, nothing bad has happened.... like you, this is a "spare" car, not a DD.

you will love it. put the top down, and just llisten to the sounds it makes as the engine wails toward redline.... the sound of the boxster is just flat out intoxicating.

get some good tires, maybe upgrade your suspension at some point - i love M030, the car defies the laws of physics it handles so well.

bang for the buck - that is a hard deal to beat. yeah, you can get a faster, newer, lower mileage car - but it will cost you more. as you get closer to the 10k mark, most of the boxsters i've seen are high miles, not in great condition, and older htan yours... 2.5s....

buy it, enjoy it!!!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote