View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #1
icedude

Talking I'm taking the plunge-01 Boxster- need advice

Hi everyone, long time forum member, very picky Boxster shopper. I think I'm going to take the plunge. 2001 Boxster with 40k miles, ONE OWNER, maintained at Ray Catena Porsche in NJ. Silver with blue interior/Top. I could count on one hand the scuffs on the exterior! He was asking $15,900, I negotiated $14,500 since I would need to spread for the 45k service. Folks, I've been looking for over a year and I've never seen one in this condition. I know, I know, if it's what I want and am happy with go for it.

Is the consensus that those miles are NOT low enough to be a problem and is the price a good one? I think so. This one also has the upgraded S wheels, top liner inside, and the upgraded stereo with the rear speakers. He also deambered it with the Litron lights (dealer installed). He is throwing in the old lights and a Porsche car cover.

I will be using it as a weekend car and to supplement my daily driver since I have a long commute. 80 miles one way to work.

Any thoughts/advice/props/kudos will help to validate my decision as I'm getting that nervous feeling before taking the dive!

Paul
icedude is offline   Reply With Quote