View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
Christian H

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxster7614
That's where I got my kit from. I posted this thread a while back and only one guy responded to it....made me sound like an idiot for doing it and he couldn't see any change. I however think its one of the best mods I've done to my car I always hated the amber bulbs.

You will need a good pair of long tweasers to hold the tiny LEDs in place to solder them. The covers just pop off with a small screw driver.

If this is your first soldering project you might want to enlist the help of a freind that has some experience.

Note some of the switches have a red LED in them, door lock, defrost and seat heaters. make sure to take note which one to replace. I made the mistake of replacing them bolth. Granted to say I could not find the red LED in my Pile of used LEDs...they all look the same. Now my door lock lights up amber instead of red.

Pics of my white LED's
Thanks for responding to my old thread!I must start by saying you are not an "idiot" for doing this mod!I know exactly where you are coming from,I too hate my amber switch lights and I think your pictures show the difference is quite dramatic (to me at least!)Your three hours soldering was time well spent.I have not yet attempted to change the switch bulbs yet but it is definately on my list of things to do.
Christian H is offline   Reply With Quote