View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 09:44 AM   #9
23109VC

I have a 2.7 base. would adding teh maxspeed system or a fabspeed system - the one that still retains at least ONE set of cats - REALLY make any more power/torque? i mean, I don';t care what a dyno says - i just wnder if when I am cruising along and decide to push the car and run it through the revs - am I going to really feel more power? or is it really hardly detectible, and it will just sound cool.

I do have to admit, when I first bought my boxster, I swore I had no interest in exhaust or headers. now that i've had the car a few months, and have seen all the youtube videos of guys with exhausts - now I think I want one.

I toyed with the idea of the pedro sport exhaust - cheap and something I could do at a custom muffler shop - but the videos I heard of it - didn't sound as good as the video I heard of the maxspeed or fabspeed systems...

i also don't want a lot of resonance. resonating exhausts make your ears hurt. i've been there done that on a past car and I don't want any part of that. i don't mind loud when I am on the gas hard - and I don't mind increased volume, and deepnes..but that resonance that makes your ears feel like they are going to start bleeding, and your head throb.. no thanks.

does the maxspeed and/or fabspeed systems really make any power?

gien how expensive some of these exhaust systems are i swear it would make more sense to just sell my base and put the money toward a boxster S!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote