View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 AM   #16
renzop

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomas_null
I've been shopping for a convertible and fallen in love with the Boxster. The steering feel is brilliant, I love the cozy cabin, and the handling is outstanding. The long summer afternoon I spent wandering through the Wisconsin hills in a Boxster is easily the most fun I've ever had driving in my life.

However, my family situation might make a roadster impractical, and so I have to consider 4-seated substitutes.

I have two questions:

1) how close are 911s to Boxter in feel? I don't need tons of power, I care more about handling and road feel.

2) What's the closest thing to a Boxster with 4 real seats? I know nothing will be close, but what's the best option if I have to go that route?
1) The 911 is a nice handling car but is certainly different than the Boxster. Also the rear seats are really tiny. No adult would want to be back there even for a short drive. If you have infants and toddlers they would be ok (although its a real pain to strap kids in the back of a two door car)

2) The closest thing to a Boxster with 4 real seats is 2 Boxsters. any convertible with large enough rear seats to be called "real" will have tons of issues with buffeting and handling because of the big hole in the middle of the car.

Personally I would not even try searching for a car that's like a Boxster with 4 seats. Instead I would buy a Boxster and a 4 door sedan, wagon or minivan.
renzop is offline   Reply With Quote