View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 12:28 AM   #1
Julge

2 problems with 2000 Boxster S

Hi everybody!
As it is my first post here, let me at first say Hello to all Boxster owners from Estonia!

I have 2 problems with my 2000 Boxster S (manual). Maybe somebody here has experienced the same things. If yes, please share your experience!

1. "jumping" with 1-st gear. When releasing clutch or even just going to full throttle with clutch up, something starts to "jump" in engine and acceleration is not smooth. I was suspecting shock absorbers but back wheels are not "jumpung" off the road while doing it. Another suspections are engine mountings or clutch, but my mechanic does not agree with me... He guesses that the problem is in flywheel... Any advice?

2. Problems with generator. One day battery appeared to be empty so I jump-started the car and went for a round to charge the battery. While letting the revs near "red" in one corner, suddenly "charging" light came up. It turned out, that block of diodes and voltage regulator burned down. So I had them replaced, but when accelerating with 2-nd gear, in about 5-6000 revs charging light still lights up. If letting revs down, also light goes off. Mechanic suspects that generators coil is leaking. Any advice?

Sorry if my techical terms were not accurate, my techinal english is not so good... :-(

Thanks in advance for answers,
Julge
Julge is offline   Reply With Quote