View Single Post
Old 04-15-2005, 10:04 AM   #13
RandallNeighbour

PAH - you know, you might be able to accelerate the crack by blowing a high wattage hair dryer on the edge of the crack on a nice cold morning! Oooh, I am devious. I have to watch out for that!

I got a price on a replacement windshield for my 97 boxster (with an antenna built into it and without a rain sensor) from the guy in Houston who does all the job-out glass work for the Porsche dealerships.

$578.00 Installed. Glass is supposedly in stock.

I guess I will wait until I get a crack or ding of some sort... mine is in good shape crack-wise, it's just the pits I can't stand when I'm drying it off after washing.

Worse yet, I have a $500 deductible on windshield replacements through State Farm. I could lower it I guess, but it will just permanently raise my premiums.

I do know one thing though.. most people wouldn't readily notice it, but a new windshield on an old car that's been kept in good shape makes it look far newer! For this reason alone I might just have one put in later this year when I get some extra cash saved up. I do know it would improve the saleability of the vehicle, although that is not my motivation. I'm keeping this car for at least five more years.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 04-15-2005 at 10:07 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote