Thread: tiptronic???
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Jaxonalden

Garage
I'm a Tip guy also and have nothing but praise for the transmission. In Auto the car drives off in 2nd gear and if you’re light on the throttle you'll be in 5th by 35 mph. If someone pulls up next to you and you need to downshift into a lower gear to get the RPM’s up, just flick the thumb levers and you’re there. The trans will revert back to Auto if you don’t manually shift in 5 sec.

If you want to get squirrely, hammer down and the trans will down shift into first and take off. Up shifts will happen at peak HP (6400rpm). If you don't want the car to do all the work just slap your stick (no pun intended ) into manual and shift the thumb levers.

For flying through the twistie’s or auto crossing I don’t think there’s a better trans to have. The shifts come and go at the right points the faster you go. Coming into turns and braking, when you’re getting on it, the down shifts come quicker also to help slow the car.

For me, all the guess work is taken out and full concentration can be given to driving the course and enjoying the ride. I do miss gear jamming sometimes but I personally like the Tip allot more.