Thread: im so torn
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #16
kurssat

I agree that it should be a 2000 or newer. Very low miles are actually ok. Just check out the seals, look for leaks, etc. Usually the brake system suffers the worst with low miles because of the caustic nature of the fluid. Take a long test drive, check the tranny, front end shimmy, break wear etc. Take a look underneath. Make sure all the electronics work.

Look for all of the owners manuals...maintenance receipts...original window sticker (most people who baby and cherish their cars will keep the dealer window sticker).

Spend the money for Carfax or some other vin report program. It was worth it for me. Several of the Boxsters I considered came up with accidents on the vin report even though the owners claimed not to know anything about an accident. I eliminated those vehicles from my final list right away.

Also look for a car with only 1 or 2 owners and no auto auctions on the history.

By the way, black is difficult to keep clean but it is also my favorite color. I get more compliments on black than any other color.

Good luck and good hunting!
5-speed
Rear speaker system
Harman Kardon Ipod system
Durametric software
OBC Hack
Triple Black
De-snorkled
kurssat is offline   Reply With Quote