View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:49 PM   #7
Lordblood

I got my '98 Boxster over the summer for 9,500 dollars. But with a new clutch, 90k service, and still a bit left to do, that number will probably jump to $13,000. You have to remember that a '97 is the first year Porsche built the Boxster, and there might be things that go wrong with it.

Honestly, if you have the money, I'd get a '00 Boxster S and enjoy the power, the market for Boxsters is very sluggish now, so you might be able to get a really nice price for one!

That being said, if you do decide to get that '97 I'd take it to a shop and get a PPI done. Whoever does the inspection can tell you what's wrong with the car, and based on that you can add in repair costs and either haggle a bit more, or walk away from the deal if it has way too many things wrong.

In any event, good luck and hopefully welcome to the family!

Oh forgot to mention, the dealer in town offered a PPI for 120 dollars, and you can look around for an Independant shop and get a lower price. It's your call if you want the dealer or not, just make sure the people you take it to are familiar with the Boxster, you don't want an unreliable estimate for repairs, or worse yet an undetected issue!

Last edited by Lordblood; 01-15-2009 at 08:53 PM.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote