View Single Post
Old 01-15-2009, 08:30 PM   #18
Lordblood

Quote:
Originally Posted by 986FortyEight
I think it's on the high side, personally.
I just did my own 120k service and parts were about $400 including new brake lines etc... so I could see $700 on your service as acceptable if they do indeed all the inspection that's on the official list.
Now the clutch kit is about $400 online and could take about 8-9 hours at worse including installing a new $60 RMS. I think that $2600 for that is totally inappropriate. My local dealer ship charges $140 per hour and the local indie I use (5th gear Motorsport) charges $98 / hour.
If you don't seem shocked by the estimate then I suppose you can afford it and all is well. I personally would look for another shop.
Actually what happened is that we use the Box as a daily driver, and because of some complications we had to get her fixed asap. So we looked at a couple of shops, and found the one that would fix it first. I probably will not be using this shop next time, there might be a couple of places I can go that are a bit further from town. The nice thing about this place is that they are within a mile from school, so I can basically walk and pick up the car.
Lordblood is offline   Reply With Quote