View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 09:35 AM   #30
NoGaBiker

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanZ4
... I'm thinking about an aftermarket wtty. for piece of mind at the very least.

sean
Probably the best course of action. In a way, you're probably wasting $2000+, but unless you want to "self insure," it's not a bad plan. Funny thing is, if you had owned the car yourself since new and it had the same number of miles on it, you would probably think it was completely bulletproof and would not even consider adding a $2000 warranty now. You'd just drive it and figure WTH, if it blows it blows. That's how I am right now with a 4-year OEM warranty that just ran out 30 days ago.

But the exact same car, if I had just bought it yesterday, even if I knew for a fact that it had never had any issues, would be scaring me. Funny how psychology works. If you buy an extended warranty you will have spent money that will probably be wasted, but it is a relatively small, manageable amount. If you don't spend it, you will be gambling on a potentially very large bill if the worst happens; unlikely, sure, but more likely than on a Lexus.

Matt
NoGaBiker is offline   Reply With Quote