View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
Nineteen89

The sarcasm aside, I'm a prospective buyer of either a 2000 Bosxter S, like yours, or either a BMW 330Ci or e46 M3 to be specific, and as a college student I don't know if I can pull the trigger on a gamble on a design flaw out of the factory, the BMW while still expensive wouldn't worry me as much. It's easy to say just drive it and deal with it if something happens, but I'm not in the position financially to deal with it if it does happen, that's the worrisome part for me, an e46 is looking more secure for me.

That aside, it's important to remember that 100% of people with problems come online to post about problems, and 5% will come on here just to say they love their car. Every car has it's issues, but what that means is that it's going to seem a lot more negative than it really is because people are on here for solutions, the ones that are working fine are out there enjoying their cars, think about it like a shop... Everyones there for some kind of trouble, no ones there because they want to, and it's going to seem like all cars are unreliable... I'm sure you get it?

Now on to your situation, really, you're already in it, enjoy the car that will bring you the joy no other car can, for thebpeice of mind you're seeking look for some aftermarket warranties, or go have a Porsche tech give it a really thorough look through, and drive it like you stole it, the Porsches that fail are the ones sitting in a garage all the time, enjoy your car, most likely if the interior was cared for, so was everything else!
Nineteen89 is offline   Reply With Quote