View Single Post
Old 01-12-2009, 05:59 PM   #19
lapis986

2002 Base, 74K miles, still under 3rd party (Warrantec) "Ultimate" coverage. This warranty was bought new with car for $3900- 84 months or 100K. Expires in May of 09. Original owner paid to have this warranty transferred to me for $40
Daily driver, bought it 2 years ago at 34K. Warranty repairs on mine are pretty inclusive including road hazard ($100/tire- used it twice).
In addition the following were all covered under warranty by the dealer:
RMS
Ignition switch
headlight switch
drivers seat rails
trailing arm (includes a free alignment...cha ching)
Oil Separator
2 O2 sensors
MAF sensor (also covered the air filter for this repair)
steering wheel bushing
passenger door window lifter (regulator?)
(do the math and this seemed like a decent investment)

Not covered- one repair to the clamshell cover (considered an adjustment) which I could have easily done myself ($65) and all oil and tires.
warranty=good

The warranty is what sold me on buying this car and allowed me to enjoy the ride with no worries.
I drive this car very carefully. If the engine blows I'd replace it. Just too much fun to drive for the investment. I paid just over 23 K for the car and that seems low for the fun/dollar factor I credit it for. keep in mind I drive it daily and put about 25K/year. I get a ton of seat time...about 2 hours/day , i do weekend trips with my wife, and i have done several car rallies and driving events with the local PCA. see you on the road
Daily Driver, 76K miles and counting...
lapis986 is offline   Reply With Quote