View Single Post
Old 01-11-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
chitowndad

Did someone say Supra???

The Supra is an awesome car! My buddy still has a mid 90's TT Supra in storage and every time he brings it out someone offers to buy it from him! It's a sweet low mileage car - wish I had one. he keeps it 100% stock. I drove it and it was fun but rattled a little too much. Still didn't handle as nice as my Boxster.

I tell my buddy every time I see him "hey I'm a Toyota guy, got a Camry and a Sienna so your Supra needs to be in my garage" I told him that if he buys a lift he can store it in my garage. LOL )

My wife's uncle is a retired Toyota trouble shooter and he loves talking about the Supra and the next generation Supra that's coming - he told me about it 5 years ago. He said that when Toyota first made the Supra he used a cheap hose / plug to make the sequential turbos run in parallel and the Toyota engineers heard about it and went to visit with him (very early 90's). He's a real Toyota nut. He once turbo charged a Land Cruiser in the late 90's and claims that he beat a late 90's Boxster off the line. I said come on, that's a 5,000 pound car verses a 3,000 pound car. His answer was "you buy me a ticket to Chicago and I'll bring a turbo for your 96 Land Cruiser" I wanted to jump all over that but my wife isn't a car person and the 96 Land Cruiser was her daily driver and she didn't want us messing with it... What an opportunity I missed. She sold the Land Cruiser because it was too rusty and "didn't look nice" in one spot. go figure...

Anyways, her uncle always raved about the bullet proof Supra engine and the straight 6 in my 90's Land Cruiser. His favorite car / truck was always a mid 90's Land Cruiser. I loved that car in the snow - wish I had it this winter.

Go Supra fans!
JL Audio 6.5 inch subs (in the door)
Pyramid 4 channel amp

Last edited by chitowndad; 01-11-2009 at 06:17 AM.
chitowndad is offline   Reply With Quote