View Single Post
Old 01-10-2009, 08:12 AM   #12
23109VC

TAKE YOUR CAR TO SAN DIEGO!!!

You CANNOT live in San Diego and NOT have a car!

I was born in San Diego
I went to college in San Diego (UCSD)
I went to grad school in San Diego (USD)
I now live in Temecula, 40 min north of San Diego - some consider it a San Diego "suburb"..so many San Diegans moved up there...
I am in San Diego every other weekend as I have countless relatives and friends still living there.

Where are you going to school? UCSD, USD, SDSU, downtown, somewhere else?

If you have your boxster you can:

Take a cruise along the coast from La Jolla through Torrey Pines, all the way to Carlsbad on the PCH! Beautiful. Stop off for the views and lunch anywhere...

Take a drive from San Diego out through Ramona/Poway to Julian for apple picking season - homemade pie, bread, etc etc etc. The roads to Julian are like a nonstop autocross course..

Take a drive to Palomar - anothe set of roads that are frequented by car clubs and motorcyclists..

Head slightly north to Temecula and take the backroads all the way to Palm Springs - the "Palms to Pines" freeways is a roller coaster ride - and when you get to your destination - Palm Desert - you stop off at the Riverwalk mall where you have your choice of Cheesecake factory, teh Yardhouse, Flemings Steakhouse, PFChangs, Babes Ribs, etc - oh they have starbucks, winetasting, and Cohiba cigar lounge - I could spend the whole WEEKEND at this place..

i could keep going on ...

take the car man! besides, you know you're going to hook up with some hot chicks at school - and you need to have a cool top down car to take them with. If I was going back to college (that actually sounds like fun!) I'd want the box - it certainly won't hurt you with the ladies. and that's half of what college was about..... at least it should be.....

and if for no other reason - life is short. enjoy it. if you still like your car, don't get rid of it because of some practicality issue. i mean, if y ou have to get rid of it due to a financial hardship or some other life changing event - then you do what you have to do. but if you are going to swap it for a Z3.... blech..... keep the boxster.

when you get down here look me up. we'll take one of those drives!
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote