View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 01:27 PM   #1
vipondrr65

Need help!...is this what I think it is?

My 98 Boxster has a serious oil burning problem. NO its not the regular oil burning at start up. In fact there really isn't any of that.
Also Keep in mind I just spent 3 hrs searching this forum for answers and I think I have an idea for my exact problem but never did find anyone posting the exact same thing. Here it goes...

Regular driving is perfect, engine runs awesome, smells good, idles great, perfect perfect. Then Im going down the road and I punch the throttle right to redline- shift (tiptronic) and hit the redline again, then I hear sort of a "GULP" sound in the engine and there is absolutely nothing behind me except smoke!! Like traffic has to slow down because they cannot see! It is bad. Then if I drive regular speed it clear out after a moment but still has a little bit coming out, just enough to see and smell but not blocking the road. After about 10mins of driving it is back to, "no smoke".

It's like at very high rpm's the engine takes a mouthfull of oil somewhere somehow and then takes a long time to burn it off. What in the H*** would cause this?

Most posts on here are suggesting the A/O separator is the culprit for most smoke related issues but I am not sure if it pertains to my exact problem.

Help help. suggestions??
vipondrr65 is offline   Reply With Quote