View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:02 PM   #13
Perfectlap

I've been watching those 996 values drop drop drop. Last year I test drove a cherry C4s (red/tan). Had the financing lined up and sales were starting to cool so I figured I was in a good position to negotiate. But like any good market watcher I figured it was better to wait and see if the downward trend continued.
Man that was a good call!! That C4S would have lost at least $10K in value, at least. I think closer to $14K. It took four years for my Boxster to lose that much value.

At this point I don't think its worth it to sell my Boxster....ever.
I'm simply not going to find a better car for what I will get in a sale. No other car will draw as many compliments and provide an equal level of driving pleasure without spending more money. Amazing really, the car still looks as modern as it did when it hit street in Europe 13 years ago.

I think I'm just going to average down and go ahead with a four wheel drive Carrera as my winter mobile and drive the Boxster during the summer. But I think with the economy in the toilet for another 12-16 months, i wouldn't be buying anything yet. It's only going to get cheaper and I keep on waitin'. Only issue I'm running into is that way too many of the 996 C4S are Cabrios.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote