View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
23109VC

997 shifter install question??

I went ahead and bought the stock 987/997 shifter assembly. I am almost ready to put it in. I have patiently taken the center console apart according to some very detailed instructions I found posted here - I believe they are the install instructions for the B&M short shift kit... they made it very easy to figure out how to get my center console out w/out breaking anything... although i did find it very hard to pry the actual center console out once I had everything else removed - it was a very tight fit between teh seats and the emergency brake.... lets just say it didn't "lift right out".

1) was it supposed to "lift right out"? I followed the instructions exactly... and I felt like I had to "bend" it somewhat to wedge it out.

2) my next question is this..i notice in teh B&M instructions it says the "mark" the positions of the shifter cables before I disconnect them. from my quick read of other people's threads who have put in the 997 shifter assembply (what I have) they just disconnected the old ones, and reconnected the new ones and no adjustments of any kind were done. am I supposed to adjust anything - or CAN I adjust anything - or am i supposed to just unhook the old cables and then rehook up the cables to the new console?

tonight when I get home from work - i'm hoping to finish this and get the new assembly installed and then put the center console back in.

I'm dying to try this thing out.... I will be sure to post a thread with some thoughts once it's in....
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote