View Single Post
Old 04-12-2005, 09:09 PM   #28
aramati

Horsepower

I recently took my Boxster S on the track in Pahrump. There were 2 indentical BMW's M3 Coupe with the 330 HP engine. The three of us were in the same class(Beginners); so we got to see how both cars behaved. It was real strange, in the corners, I would really gain grounds while in the straights I would loose it. At one point one of the BMW's feeling my heat behind it, spun out of control and went off the track on a tight turn; it was sweet. The other driver with a bit more skill, stuck to me like glue. The moral I think:

A Boxster with a 250HP is better than an M3 Coupe with 330 HP. I just love the way the S take the curves on the track and brakes off speed. At the end of a straight and before a 90 Deg turn, my speed was at 105 MPH, the car brakes and suspension, made it look easy. You just cannot get into trouble and if I did, lifting the foot off the gas a bit corrected things quickly.

I think if I had more HP without beefing up brakes and suspension, I would get into trouble coming out of a straight into a tight turn. The car as it is is very well balanced. Why fool around with a good thing?
aramati is offline   Reply With Quote