View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #37
dmcutter

Jax,

"I also got buzzed by an a-hole in a Cayenne yesterday. Damn Porsche drivers can be such pricks." What's up with that? That's called sarcasm...since I own a Porsche, one might think you would get that I wasn't really dissing Porsche drivers.

As far as licenses, road use tax, blah blah blah, I pay insurance and property taxes and outrages NC gas taxes for my Box, my Rodeo, and my motorcycle. My bicycle doesn't cause wear and tear on the roads and doesn't spew pollution into the air or consume fossil fuels. I obey traffic laws, and a bicycle is, in fact, by law, a vehicle subject to the same rules and rights as a motor vehicle.

I don't condone bicyclist blowing traffic lights-it's stupid and a good way to get killed. I ride as far to the right as practicable and when we ride in groups we don't bunch up and hold up traffic. I get buzzed by all kinds of pricks who think it's cute to see how close they can get to us, and I've been hit by a pick up truck's mirror at 50 mph. I guess all these a-holes don't have children that ride bicycles around their neighborhoods-I doubt they would condone motorists treating their kids that way.
dmcutter is offline   Reply With Quote