View Single Post
Old 12-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
941MXVET

My LITTLE brother picked up a sideswiped 944 for dirt cheep. He's a mechanic so he was able to track down some body parts to make the repairs. That car was a blast to drive!! It's hard to describe but somehow I think you all know what I'm talking about Unfortunately, he turned it into a daily drive, didn't keep up with the maintenance and the car turned to crap.

During this time I was playing around with MG's and other crappy British cars, but my first love was MX. I spent much of the past decade racing motocross and generally beating my body to a pulp! So to help supplant my wife (who also races MX) and my desire to go fast, we shopped for about the past 8-9 months looking for 'the' deal on either a 911 or a Boxster 986. Found what we hope to be a good deal and took the plunge about 2 months ago!

I must say this forum as well as some others has been very helpful in educating ourselves in our new endeavor. I hope you guy's don't loose patience with me as I ask what to most of you will be simple questions.
941MXVET is offline   Reply With Quote