View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 06:44 AM   #6
rdancd816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmatta
Your '97 has only 27k miles? That's pretty remarkable, must have been a garage queen prior to your purchase. My '02 S has but 15k miles, but will likely surpass your mileage at age 11. I tend to believe the number of threads I've read were you are less likely to have a major failure if the car is driven instead of sitting. If mine were to have a catastrophic failure, I would most likely go with a 3.6 Raby motor.

If it means anything, I am an active member in Chicago region PCA, an instructor and track driver (my 911, not Box). I know of only one indiviual who had his motor let go (was a '99 base) and he was a concours guy...may tell you something.
The car sat at a dealership for over 6 months and had 9,000 miles on it when I bought it in November of 2005. The previous owner moved to Dallas and forgot the car was at the dealer for service. It took them all that time to find him and he told them to buy the car from him. He has a stable of Porsches and apparently the Box was not on the radar screen! I've driven it regularly now for three years. BTW the car had the original factory tires on it when I took possesion so those had to be replaced due to age. Overall it's almost like a new car.