View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
bartman

Anti-theft dual zone motion sensor for Porsche Boxster

Hi !
I am looking for some technical advice before embarking on a project in which i want to add a dual zone motion sensor to my 2003 Porsche Boxster. The first thing a criminal would do is "bump" against your car to see if it's equiped with an alarm. The Boxster does not have any standard motion sensor that triggers the alarm : you have to physically "activate" a door handle or so to trigger the alarm.

Found a good deal on a basic sensor here

notice the blue/green/red/black wires in the picture.

Mounting should be in a central location along the porsche's axis (i am going with the ashtray): The 508D should be placed as close as possible to the center line of the vehicle. The unit's integrated mounting tabs should be to the front and the rear of the vehicle, but the orientation of the wire-socket end is not a factor. Also, the 508D is not sensitive to being placed directly onto metal

Wiring: The 508D comes supplied with a 4-pin harness which connects between the dual zone motion sensor module and your vehicle's alarm module.

Question : anyone has ever tried to install this themselves ? How difficult is this ?
Thanks in advance !
bartman is offline   Reply With Quote