View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
CJ_Boxster

Send a message via MSN to CJ_Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by 986Porsche986

According to this tutorial, you are to use the empty Motive to push ALL of the old fluid out of the system and into a waste bottle at the rear right bleed valve until you hear the sound of gurgling air coming out of the valve. Wont this method allow air into the system? I
Reason it tell you to first bleed the rear until the gurgle sound is heard is so that the resevour (spelling...) drains all the old dirty fluid out... You should perform the flush with a Motive container full of brake fluid regardless if old discolored brake fluid remains in the brake resevour.

In my case, I used the Motive system as well and was left with a resevour still full of old looking dirty blackend fluid, so what i did was remove the mesh debris catcher from the resevour and stuck a 5' long clear hose deep into resevour and held the other end of the clear hose below the resevour and inhaled some air out of the hose until I see brake fluid coming through the line then let it pour into a water bottle till no more fluid made it out, then I refilled the resevour with new fluid.

You shouldnt get any air into the system with this method since the hose cannot go deep enough to suck out fluid from the master cylindar, only the resevour.

Carlos J Cazares

FastForward Performance
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...er/newsig1.jpg
CJ_Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote