View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 05:40 PM   #7
trieullionaire

Amp by-pass

I installed an aftermarket double din a while ago. I did the basic hook up to the amp back then due to time constraint.

At any rate, over the past weekend, I upgraded my front door speakers w/ some 5 1/4 Infinity two way speakers with built in tweeters (using existing baffle). After locating the wiring diagram of the factory HAES 40x4 amp, I decided to go the by pass route and routed my door subs to a 500 watt 2 channel Kicker and the dash speakers direct to the head unit along with the rear speakers. It is 10x better than having my original set up...even w/out the kicker amp the music was still louder and clearer through the Avic Mosfet 50x4 amp during my testing.

Something else I did while I had my head unit out was have everything prewired for future upgrades, such as video/audio inputs (planning on getting a hd tuner), sub woofer, 6x9 speakers, and a wire set up for a "Engine Start" button going to the empty buttons on the left side of the console...I also added some led lights (tucked away in the corner so it's nicely concealed in the door compartments wired to the door lights, so when you open the door at night, the compartment have a nice white glow to it...kinda like the illuminated door sills not as cool though.
trieullionaire is offline   Reply With Quote