View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:56 PM   #2
RandallNeighbour

DJ, I'd hate to see you sell your car. But if you do, here's my opinions for what it's worth, and you got it for free

1. Convert the car back to stock if you still have your stock parts. You will only get 10% of their value at the most if they're sold with the car.

2. Considering the color of your hard top, I really have no idea if you can sell it apart from the car and make anything off it. 99% of buyers will be forced to paint it. A winter sale where you live would almost necessitate you sell it on the car.

3. Convertibles aren't worth nearly as much and don't sell well when one can't drop the top. Wait until March.

4. If you plan to buy another preowned convertible at a later date, consider keeping your car. You like it, after all! You will lose money selling it and spend more buying something else.

If you want to save money, park it for six months and take the insurance off it if you have a garage.

Prices for our cars are wildly different around the country and from buyer to buyer. However, you ain't gonna get much for your car... you will be unhappy with it's current value.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote