View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 09:28 AM   #28
daman

Feelings on my Boxster

I've had my Boxster for several years now and I have a few things to say about the car.

1. Not fast enough. I can outrun it with my 944.
2. Really cool looking. I think the 986 looks better that the 987. My car is a 97 and still looks as new as anything else out there.
3. The car handles great. Put some wider 911 wheels on it and the rear really sticks.
4. The interior is functional, but cheap looking. Even with the upgrades that Porsche offers, it's always looked cheesy.
5. The great thing about a Porsche is it can take a beating. I driven the mess out of that car and it just want's more. Try doing that in a Ferrari.
6. You get looks in it. It ain't fast, but sure looks it. Just watch who you race. Looks are deceiving.

I bought this car when I was 27. Now that I've got a little more money, the decision to keep the car has swayed to the negative side. There are too many Boxsters on the road. I liked it when I didn't see that many around. I live on the North Carolina coast. (convertible country) Now, they're everywhere. I wish there weren't so many on the road and that they weren't so affordable. Seeing 18 year olds pimping them out really turns me off on the car. It's not the car, it's that I feel it is becoming less exotic. The more people that have them, the more people know how underpowered the Boxster really is. I thought about buying a new 987, but the power issue is just that...a power issue.
The Boxster is what it is, a sweet handling machine. That's it's strength. But for the head turns and seeing one on every corner I guess I've lost interest in it.
Last weekend I drove a Maserati Spyder. You can get a nice 2002 for around 50K-60K. That car has the paddle shifters, amazing take off, and you never see them on the road. Pretty Cool.
I've recently purchased an old 911 RSR. I am restoring it now. This is the car that has taken my attention. Whether I keep the Boxster or not is yet to be seen. I've got it for sale, but I'm torn on whether to sell it or not. Don't know if I'll miss it?
daman is offline   Reply With Quote