View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 09:18 AM   #15
bmx672

Okay guys... don't get mad. Its what the wife wanted so she got the 2006 LR3. We bought an additional bumper to bumper warrantee to take us out another 5 years or 100k. It was well worth it. So we have the piece of mind with that. Everything on it was fresh, tires, brakes etc etc. It was fully certified. I did tons of research and I know that there are problems... but with the warrantee and road side etc I know what I'm getting into. Who knows, this car could be flawless. I read some horrible reviews on every make that we were looking at. My Audi A4 (RIP, sold it for this) worked perfectly for almost ten years and just under 200k! Some people think that the A4 was not reliable... go figure.
Anyway,
We looked all over for "New" third row vehicles that were under $30k. That was a tough thing to find. There were a few like the Commander, Aspen, Envoy etc... but nothing compared to the LR as far as interior OR driveability. After two weeks of ownership our decision is solidified every time we take it out in the snow or look at it in the garage. It's silver with black leather interior. It even has the AUX iPod hook up.
The wife made a good point too... since I bought my 2000 Boxster two summers ago shes been wanting an SUV... she had it coming.
Anyway, my daily is now her Passat.

All three cars are silver! haha. We love black, but the three silver cars look pretty nice in the garage all together.
bmx672 is offline   Reply With Quote