Thread: Wow!
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2008, 07:58 AM   #5
FrayAdjacent

Not many here commented on the link to the Ruf 997 electric conversion I posted. It wasn't as impressive (speed wise) as this Datsun.

A small light car is great for electric conversion. I had thought about trying to do something with my 1969 911, since without the engine and transmission, it weighed about 1800lb or less. I had to sell the car for financial health reasons, but would love to get another old 911 to convert someday.

My hope is that someday, kits will be readily available with advanced energy storage, control circuitry and motors that will allow conversions to be made easily and cost effectively. I'd LOVE to have an electric car that performs well and has enough range for me to commute with (~50 mile round trip, mostly highway).

We'll get there.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote