View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 05:54 PM   #10
nola911

I love Rovers. I had a Discovery and a Range Rover, my dad had 2 Range Rovers. The last 3 months, I have been in quest for a new SUV daily that is capable offroad and is somewhat inexpensive. I narrowed my search to q7, Cayenne, LR3, and Fj Cruiser.

I would have bought the q7, no question if I could have found a great deal on it but I never did. I loved the Cayenne but having owned the same basic car in the Touareg, it had too many little problems and a brake job costs 1200 dollars with OEM parts, which is ridiculous.

Then came the rover... I love them. I really love them. It has the perfect mix of offroad prowess, on road comfort, and towing capability for my needs and looks great. The timeless Land Rover lines transform from hip new car to classic without a step in between. The ride is unlike anything else on the road. It's full time 4x4 just feels like a tank. Did I mention I love this car? BUT I keep remembering the frequent unexpected and expensive trips to the shop. Why would a headlight never turn off? Why would a power seat only go one direction? Why would a sunroof switch turn on your windshield wipers?

Haha, the little electrical quirks of the Rover family will drive you nuts. Go to Land Rover Forums and you will quit looking at the car. I, personally, had to read owners experiences on 6 occasions to talk myself back out of the LR3. It is just so tempting at sub-20s for such a nice truck.

I bought the FJ Cruiser because of maintenance/ownership costs. I could get a new FJ for the cost of the used other 3. The ride is truly comparable, but puts a different meaning to sports than the cayenne does. It fulfills my off-road requirements and tows to my needs perfectly. Not too fast yet, but will be when I install the TRD supercharger.

If you buy the Rover, you will not be disappointed and at the current costs, you can't get hurt on it. Regarding being towed, I doubt it. The problems are usually very minor electrical glitches that drive you crazy. I think I'm talking myself into buying a LR3 and need to go read the Rover forum again.

p.s. The land rovers are top heavy and tend to flip when you get sideswiped and roll over a parked convertible.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote