View Single Post
Old 11-30-2008, 08:14 AM   #6
pinzgo

Send a message via MSN to pinzgo
up to 7 psi

Last winter, I added Air to Air intercooler on my supercharged 3.2. I dropped to 2 psi. I upgraded with 2.95 pulley and air to water intercooler with as short as possible tubing. I added progressive water methanol and 160 degrees thermostat. Ecu is tuned by Imagineauto (giac)and set for Supercharger. I reached easily 7 psi and results were huge. I do drag with my boxster !!!. I love doing it with my car. I did 12.3 at 117 mph. Wheels spinning on trird first speed. Had to add shift light to control spinning. First start at 3600 rpm and shift at 6600. Methanol is set progressive from 2 to 9 psi full flow. Internal temp drops to 75 degrees in full boost. Engine feels like baby and acceleration is surprising from second to fourth speed. At that time you reach quarter mile. I added BF goodrich radial drag (260) and am going to upgrade again. Next step, 2.70 pulley (9 psi) and 315 wide drag tires. Must reach over 425 hp and with practice, easily under 12 seconds. 6 speed transmission is perfect for it. And we do feel Methanol doing it,s job.

Some find me crazy doing it with such jewel, but I think that these Porsche engineers did these cars to outperform. I am setting Youtube site and must be ready in couple of weeks. Hope making you dream. Project always began by a dream. Bests to all of you
Jacques
pinzgo is offline   Reply With Quote