View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
jhandy

I replaced the stocks springs and sway with H&R springs and bar. The reason I did this is that I wanted a lower stance.
If you find the same items for a lower price I will match it. Otherwise I suggest that you should buy the other ones for cheaper.

Ask people around here, the bar and springs are not something that wear out. I dont race, I drive to work and back.

chitowndad: you are correct that you can buy aftermarket springs for about 300 new. Well they are not made by porsche. They also drop the front end a lot. I wanted to lower my car, so I bought the HR springs, well then I found out real quick that I have to spend 600$ on rear control arms. Then I had to get the arms intalled and an alignment done- 550$.
So my 300$ springs cost me an extra 1150$. THAT is why people want a porsche part. These springs drop in and everything bolts back up without issue. And if you dont have the M030 option, you dont know what you are missing. Very nice set up.

James
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote