View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 10:44 AM   #1
scycle2020

Are boxsters real porsches?

boxsters arent "real " porsches..., real men dont drive boxsters, they drive 911s.....i have heard this from some 911 fans and some porsche fans over the past several years....having owned a 993 911 in the past and almost buying a 996 several times in the past, i have to admit i had the same anti boxster bias!!!! and this is with out lowering my self to drive one......i my quest for a new sports car, i drove all the different versions of the 996, new and used, from the tt to the cab....but while they were nice cars, they didnt feel just right...then with the new boxster s getting rave reviews, i went back to my p car dealer to drive the new s...also got a chance to driving leftover 04 boxster s....quess what, the 04 boxster s was a great car, great fun, and the 05 was even better!!!a better all around car the 996 cab andjust as fun if not more fun to drive than the 997s!!!!i like it so much, i bought one!!!!and i was able to sell my 360 spider, which i could no longer afford, in good conscience.....i even think the boxster looks better than a 911cab..i like the 911 better as a coupe and the boxster has a more logical design for a sports car...but why all the anti boxster bias from some of the 911 people..and if one more person call the boxster a chick car!!! i didnt know cars have gender...and if boxster s are chick cars, then 911 s are old man cars!!!(btw, i am an old man!!!)
scycle2020 is offline   Reply With Quote