View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 08:12 AM   #18
Grizzly

Hey Bill! I was hoping you'd still be here. I still feel terrible about not getting the information you needed on that Turbo. Did you ever get one? How's the family?

Brucelee, my 2 plus 2 isn't terribly rare, but it's very special to me. My Father gave it to me 30 years ago. I drove it to high school and college before it had an electrical fire and I parked it. Since then, I've been dragging it around from house to house with me, swearing that someday I'd restore it. When my Dad died, I decided not to wait any longer and started the restoration. I only wish I'd done it sooner so that he could've seen it finished. The car has been through a lot, including being submerged in the hurricane. It was in horrible shape. Most of the shops I interviewed to do the structural repair told me to scrap it, but that was never going to happen. The best restorer on the East Coast finally agreed to put the shell back in shape for me. That's where it is now. I hope to have it home in February to start the rest of the restoration.

...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote