View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #1
23109VC

rough feeling on deceleration at 3k - anyone feel this?

I've had my 2000 base for a couple of months now.

One thing I've noticed is that sometimes around 3k rpm - I feel/sense this roughness or shuddering feeling... I don't feel it when accelerating... but if I rev up to and past 3k, say up to 5k and then I'm OFF the gas, and have my footon the pedals - but I am letting the car just decellerate on it's own..

right as the needle on the tach gets to about 3k, I feel this subtle shudder - i'd describe it as a rough feeling. You don't see anything on the tach - it's not extremely pronounced.... but if you are in the drivers seat, in tune iwht the car - you can feel it.

with all these threads on motors grenading - when I sense or hear or feel anyting, I get this "uh oh" feeling in the bottom of my stomach...

anyone know what this is that I"m feeling? i mostly notice it at 3rd gear - so it could be SPEED specific or it could be RPM specific.... so maybe it's not even the motor...but something else....

curious if anyone has felt or experienced anything liek this. gien how long these cars have been around - I figure on my usd car - anythign I experience is probably not "something new"....
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote